Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Clocks and pens

I've noticed that our house like five different clocks in it. This got me to thinking, "when have I ever purchased a clock?" I've can't remember any time that I have ever bought a clock, and I've never been given a clock as a gift, so that only leads me to one conclusion -- that over the course of my life, I have evidently stolen a handful of clocks.

We have a number of pens, too, but at least those usually tell you where you stole them from. It will have the name of the hotel or church or wherever written on the side of them. That's smart. It gives you a good indication of who has the right to bust into your house and steal their writing materials back from you.

Speaking of pens, I remember when my church back in Florida went to order a whole slew of new pens for the sanctuary. We wanted to have the church's name written on the side of the pens, and have the writing and the ink inside of the pen be the color "kelly green." Unfortunately, the stupid pen-making company didn't follow the directions very well, and we got a huge order of pens with the words "kelly green" written on the side. I thought it was kind of funny, but I guess it's not quite as funny when it's all written out. Whatever. This blog is free, so stop complaining...

No comments: