Monday, March 2, 2009

The Magic Triangle and Mayonnaise Jars

I go to Wal-Mart a lot. There is always one nearby, and they have basically everything in the world one could want and/or need. Sometimes, I have to buy a whole bunch of stuff, but my favorite is the quick trips for one to three items. Anytime I buy exactly three items, I call this "The Magic Triangle." I always wonder to myself if anyone else in the history of Wal-Mart purchasing has bought these exact three items. Sure, when I have to get milk, bread, and eggs, I'm sure there's not a lot of "magic" there and tons of other patrons have built this specific triangle, but what about last night's purchase? The not-so-common baby carrots, contact solution, and Reese's Peanut Butter cups triangle? Maybe I'm the first ever....

On an unrelated note, I helped Brandi's grandmother move this weekend. It is very odd and slightly uncomfortable to be perusing through someone else's attic for several hours on end. It kind of ramps up the relationship to an artificial level, and I found myself making some negative comments to myself about the belongings that had been kept. I mean, who needs this many umbrellas and old mayonnaise jars? I started to become irritated, but then I realized that Brandi's grandmother would probably be confused by my attic "crap" too. There is a lot of old ethernet cables, piles of baby clothes, and an original Nintendo. I guess she'd rather have the old mayonnaise jars then play Legend of Zelda. Whatever.

No comments: