Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Postal service man is missing

Our work mailman didn't show up today. I guess the old saying, "Whether rain or sleet, or snow or whatever" doesn't include days when it's a little windy and kind of overcast. Lazy bum. Aren't there like substitute mailmen or something that step in when regular ol' smelly mailman decides not to come to work? sheesh.

Also, Brandi likes American Idol. I, however, do not. I don't like TV shows that drag things out for five weeks that could be completed in like two minutes. I was working on something else last night, but in the background, I could hear four or five of the contestants singing. I can already tell that none of them should win, but no, Fox wants you to keep tuning in so they can kick people off one by one. This is stupid.

I did decide, however, that next time I need to hire someone here at work, I will bring in all of the applicants and begin to whittle down the list "Reality Show Style". That means all the applicants have to stand in a line side by side, while I go down the list explaining the high points and low points of each individual before eliminating one with lots of unnecessary pauses... "Theresa, your.....typing skills were........ good, but you don't...........have......much work.......experience.......I'm sorry, you didn't make the staff. Please pack your calculator and leave the office immediately.

No comments: