Friday, October 10, 2008

The first of many posts

Hey.

As I was driving home from work yesterday, I was scanning through the radio stations looking for something that I could find at least half-way enjoyable. I stopped it on that song "Walking in Memphis" by that guy who's name I can't remember right now, and I thought to myself, "yeah, this song is okay. I'll listen to it."

Fast forward two minutes, and I've got the windows down, and I am singing "Walking in Memphis" pretty loudly to myself, now thoroughly enjoying the song and acting as if -- dang, it -- these lyrics mean something to me. I've got some real gusto going on, and I'm belting this song out as if this song was my life's calling.

I don't understand how that happens. I wouldn't want to be walking in Memphis today. I'm a pretty lazy guy, and too much walking makes me irritable, especially on days like today when I'm wearing flip-flops and not my good sneakers. And plus, I've never been to Memphis. Well, once, David Rebello and I drove through Memphis on our way to Little Rock, where we met a friend of mine at a Waffle House, but that's beside the point....

2 comments:

Jared said...

His name is Marc Cohn and I like that song too.

ShaneCaldwell said...

Avoid Memphis at all costs, it's a shithole