Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tongue and Beek

One of the advantages of having an all male office is that we now have two men’s restrooms. You would think that we might designate one a “Number One” bathroom and one a “Number Two” bathroom, but our office never had that discussion. Really, it’s more as if each worker has determined in his own mind which bathroom is his favorite, and proceeds to use that particular one when necessary.

I, on the other hand, have had a hard time choosing. The bathrooms are identicial, except for the artwork. The first bathroom, which has a painting by someone name Greg Van Beek, is closer to my office by like four steps, so I probably use that one a little more often. But sometimes, I like the second bathroom, which has an equally boring painting by someone named Nancy Tongue, because I don’t want to show favoritism. I don’t know if that’s crazy or not, but that’s how I roll. I would hate to have Nancy Tongue make a surprise appearance at our office and get really offended because I’ve only been using the Greg Van Beek bathroom, or vice versa.

No comments: