Friday, October 10, 2008

Not in my mid to upper twenties anymore....

I can tell that I am getting older. Not just by the increasing number of grey hairs, but by my general surliness as well. And my choice of cereal.

I was in the breakfast aisle at Kroger the other day, looking for my current favorite cereal: Raisin Nut Bran. It’s really good, I recommend you try it sometime. Anyway, I looked up and down the shelves like three or four times and couldn’t find it (maybe a sign that my eyesight is getting bad too?), so I asked the worker lady to help me.

“Do you guys still sell Raisin Nut Bran?” I asked the lady.
“Hmm… which one is that?” I would have thought that the name itself would be enough clue, but evidently not.
“It’s the one with bran flakes and raisins and nuts in it.” I was a bit grouchy already. “The box is kind of yellow, or brown.”
“I don’t know, let me see…” so the lady starts to try to help me, but of course she’s worthless. “I see Grape Nuts and All-Bran,” she tells me, but that makes me even more upset. Finally, after about twenty seconds of looking with her, I get all mad and just go, “baaaah” and make this really old man-ish sound and wave my hand and walk away in disgust. Something I probably wouldn’t have done five years ago, but whatever.

I went and found Brandi in some other aisle and told her, “They don’t sell Raisin Nut Bran anymore. I hate this place. It’s run by communists.” Of course, she goes back and finds the Raisin Nut Bran in like three seconds, but that’s not the point….

1 comment:

Jared said...

Dude, I'm so glad that you started a blog. Now I can laugh at all of the funny thoughts like I used to. I too am getting up there in age and feel your pain. Hang in there and keep blaming it on the communists.